Is Silicone Thermal Pad Good?
Category of thermal conductive pad
Traditionally, the materials used for heat dissipation and thermal conductivity are mostly metals such as Ag, Cu, A1 and metal oxides such as A12O3, MgO, BeO and other non-metallic materials such as graphite, carbon black, etc. However, with the development of industry and science and technology, people have put forward new requirements for thermal conductivity materials and hope that the materials have excellent overall performance.
Thermal conductive silicone mats are made of silicone as the base material, with certain metal oxides and various auxiliary materials for thermal conductivity, and then synthesized into thermal conductive silicone film through a special process. Thermal conductive silicone mats are polymer composite thermal conductive materials with silicone resin as the adhesive base material and filled with thermal conductive powder for thermal conductivity purposes.
It can fill the gaps and complete the heat transfer between the heat generating part and the heat dissipating part, and also play the role of insulation, shock absorption and sealing, etc. It can meet the requirements of miniaturisation and ultra-thin design of equipment. It is an excellent thermal conductive filling material and is widely used in electronic and electrical products. Some thermal conductive silicone has glass fibres (or carbon fibres) to increase its mechanical strength.
What are the reasons for choosing thermal conductive silicone mats
- The material is soft, good compression performance, good thermal conductivity and insulation performance, the adjustable range of thickness is relatively large, suitable for filling cavities, both sides have natural viscosity, operability and maintainability.
- The most important purpose of the choice of thermal conductive silicone film is to reduce the contact thermal resistance generated between the surface of the heat source and the contact surface of the radiator parts, thermal conductive silicone film can be very good at filling the gap between the contact surfaces.
- Because the air is a poor conductor of heat, will seriously impede the transfer of heat between the contact surface, and between the heat source and the radiator with thermal conductive silicone film can squeeze the air out of the contact surface.
- With the addition of thermal conductive silicone film, the contact surfaces between the heat source and the heat sink can be made better and more fully accessible, truly face-to-face. The reaction in temperature can reach as small a temperature difference as possible.
- The thermal conductivity of the thermal conductive silicone film has adjustable thermal conductivity and better thermal stability.
- Thermal conductive silicone film in the structure of the process work difference bridging, reduce the heat sink and heat dissipation structural parts of the process work difference requirements.
- Thermal conductive silicone film has insulating properties (this feature requires the addition of suitable materials in the production).
- Thermal conductive silicone film has the effect of vibration and sound absorption.
- Thermal conductive silicone film has the convenience of installation, testing and reusability.
Trumonytechs silicone thermal conductive pad
What are the characteristics of the silicone thermal PAD offered by Trumonytechs, what physical properties have been tested on the silicone mats we offer, and what range of work can they be used for? The corresponding extensions can be made.
Trumonytechs offers thermal conductive silicone mats with excellent thermal conductivity, insulation and compression resilience; we can offer
Thickness: 0.4 to 6 mm.
Hardness: shore 00 5~80
Thermal conductivity: 1~12W/m*K
Trumonytechs thermal conductive silicone gaskets are suitable for a wide range of applications, most products with heat dissipation problems are used, with more applications in industries such as power supplies, LCD, TV, LED lighting, Wi-Fi routing, digital set-top boxes, automotive liquid-cooled heat transfer components, energy storage heat transfer components, optoelectronics, laptops, etc.